Yummiest Carrot Cake - the Best!!
I have adjusted the recipe to accommodate No Dairy, No Soy, No Eggs and reduced the Sugar - or at least used good sugar and less of it! This cake is the lightest, fluffiest Carrot Cake - ever.
The ingredients can be adjusted slightly as needed or for personal desires - as I will note in the recipe.
I have not tested gluten free yet, but have found similar recipe using Almond Flour, however it uses eggs - so I will test it without eggs and my substitutions.
The Icing - I have 2 versions, depending on dietary restrictions.
One uses Cool Whip frozen whip topping that may contain soy, icing sugar and creamed cheese.
Then I did find one at Elanas Pantry - organic and gluten free cooking - which is dairy and soy free.
|Cream together the wet ingredients|
|Add dry ingredients and carrots|
|Put into pans - I do two layer cake|
|Ready for the oven|
|Cooked perfectly - golden!|
|Ready to be iced|
|Mix the icing - frozen dessert whipped topping into cream cheese/ sugar mixture|
|Lick the batters - or share.|
|Icing in the middle and I added shredded coconut|
|DONE - and ready to cut.|
Please Click On Continue Reading for Recipe
RECIPE - Carrot Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Spray 2 round cake pans, or 10 x 15 x 2 inch baking dish, or 10 inch bundt pan with cooking spray
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground allspice
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tsp vanilla extract (I use Mexican pure vanilla)
2 cups grated carrots - increase to 3 cups if not using nuts and pineapple
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple - drained
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup walnuts - can be omitted or 1/3 cup smashed pecans
1 cup raisins - can be omitted
- In medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & allspice. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, mix together applesauce, sugar and vanilla. Stir in the oil; the mixture should resemble pudding.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients, then fold in the carrots, pineapple, coconut, walnuts/pecans, and raisins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes if one pan - 2 pans cook in 30 - 40 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on rack until completely cooled.
8 ounces cream cheese softened - 1 package - can use fat reduced
3 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
12 ounces Cool Whip - 1 large container
- Mix cream cheese and sugar well with mixer.
- Add vanilla and Cool Whip; mix well.
- Must be refrigerated, except when serving
- (that is what it says - so don't stand in fridge serving)
- Ices triple layer cake - so may have leftover for this recipe.
- Heap icing in between layers and add coconut if desired.
Coconut Cream Frosting
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup agave nectar
pinch sea salt
5 teaspoons arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon water
1 1/4 cup coconut oil
- In medium saucepan, heat coconut milk, agave and salt, simmer for 10 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine arrowroot and water to form a smooth paste.
- Pour arrowroot mixture into saucepan.
- Mix contents of saucepan with a hand blender and bring to a boil, briefly.
- Remove pot from heat and very gradually blend in coconut oil.
- Place pot in freezer for 30 - 40 minutes, until frosting solidifies and turns white.
- Remove from freezer and blend again, until fluffy - use mixer.
- Spread over cake or cupcakes.
Let me know how yours turns out.